October 9, 2011

Taking some "Me" time

A few years ago, a friend of mine taught me how to toll paint. She would get a lot of her ideas from things she would see online or in craft stores. One source of inspiration for her was stickers. When I lived in New Mexico, I would sometimes pick up stickers I thought might one day be a good project idea.

About a month and a half ago, I pulled out some old Halloween stickers and arranged them into what I thought would make a cute Halloween scene for the long skinny window we have in our house. I drew out the plans and on Saturday Chad cut out the wood for me. I started around 1pm after all the chores were done with the kids and ended the project around 8:30pm after a delicious dinner of Mac and Cheese. (I was really into my project) Rebecca and Sara even helped with a few parts. The end result was this.



I may not be a professional, but I think it turned out pretty cute.

2 comments:

Heather B said...

Those look so cute! Can I place an order for some? We have a couple of long windows at our house that could use some holiday cuteness--but I'm waaaay too craft-deficient for those kinds of things here! Good for you, and yay for mac and cheese!

Elizabeth said...

Those are really cute Diana. I am glad the scroll saw worked for you, now I need to put Scott to work ha ha! They are super cute, and it makes me want to do some. Good job!