I couldn't sleep, as has been the case for the past few weeks, and so I decided to come downstairs at 3:45 am and check out emails I hadn't read; which then led me onto facebook. The first post I see is from a friend of mine. She wrote about a girl in our church who lost her little boy yesterday. As I was looking at pictures I found myself heartbroken for this family and crying. With all the focus in my email box on Black Friday my thoughts immediately turned to how grateful I was for my own children and family.
It's been a year and a half now since we lost Joshua. Time, faith, and prayers have done wonders for our family. But I have learned to be more grateful for even the bad days. When you focus on your blessings it is easy to see how incredibly "rich" we really are. So today on Thanksgiving I wanted to share some of what I am grateful for.
1. I am grateful for a loving Savior, whose life and atoning sacrifice has forever blessed me and my family.
2. I am grateful for my family. For my children, my parents, my siblings, in-laws, nieces, nephews, grandparents, etc.
3. I am grateful for a comfortable home with air conditioning, heating, running water, flush toilets, showers, and many other modern day conveniences.
4. I am grateful for the grocery store. With a little bit of cash I can get the things that I need with out hunting, harvesting, or foraging for food.
5. I am grateful for clean water to drink and clothing to wear.
6. I am grateful for music and all of my musical children. We used to think that we would have a family full of athletes and dancers. Instead we have musicians. I love it.
7. I am grateful for education and all those who teach me and my children.
8. I am grateful for Chad's job and all of the hard work He has put into providing a wonderful life for our family.
9. I am grateful for cars that work and places to go visit.
10. I am grateful for beautiful weather and changing leaves. (In AZ trees are just now changing colors. It's really fun to see.)
11. I am grateful for good friends who love me and my family
12. I am grateful for a knowledge of God's goodness and his love for me.
13. I am grateful for every hour of every day I have to spend with those I love.
14. And I am grateful for all those who sacrifice everyday of their lives in defense of our country, or in providing services for our families that take them away from their own. Every person who is not spending Thanksgiving with their families so they can take care of others in the hospital, or on the street. Who selflessly serve in various leadership and religious capacities and who just go about everyday doing good. Thank you for being you and for making our communities and lives better.
Happy Thanksgiving.
2 comments:
I am thankful for your sweet testimony and example. I never fail to be uplifted when I visit your blog. Happy Thanksgiving.
Beautiful.
Post a Comment