I love that my children have a chance to perform during the holidays. This year the K-5 graders put together a Thanksgiving program. Each class either sang a song, read a poem, made up a skit, or performed a dance number.
The Kinder classes sang and danced to a song about Turkeys.
Jake's 2nd grade class started with Jake performing a guitar solo, "Ode to Joy" and then the class singing a Thanksgiving song.
Sara's 5th grade class recited a poem in sections.
The middle school kids didn't participate, but instead ran a bake sale to fund an end of the year trip to Catalina Island. (Rebecca will not be going on the overnight 3-day trip, but maybe in a few years)
I must admit that I am really grateful to have my kids attending a school that encourages the arts, and allows them to have the chance to get up on stage and share their talents. So often when budget cuts are made the arts programs are the first to go. At the charter school my kids attend they are given even less money per kid then the public schools and still find ways to fund raise and make up the difference. I have been really impressed with everything they do there.
Now it's time to start preparing for our Thanksgiving feast. Hope you all have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment