Every so often I decide to take on a project that ends up being a little overwhelming. This week's Lego project was one I will not be repeating any time soon. Jake had been complaining that he couldn't find the pieces he needed to make different Lego sets and so he didn't want to play with his Legos. Being the loving, compassionate mother, I decided that maybe we could put each set into containers with their instructions so that Jake could once again enjoy building.
I don't know if I just hadn't been paying attention to all the Lego sets we had purchased or whether I was slightly delusional when I started this project, but what began as a simple sorting ended up taking ALL WEEK. In the end Jake has over 30 sets we sorted out, another who knows how many Legos divided by color in his sorting drawers, and a mother who is done with Legos for a VERY LONG TIME.
I don't know if I just hadn't been paying attention to all the Lego sets we had purchased or whether I was slightly delusional when I started this project, but what began as a simple sorting ended up taking ALL WEEK. In the end Jake has over 30 sets we sorted out, another who knows how many Legos divided by color in his sorting drawers, and a mother who is done with Legos for a VERY LONG TIME.
3 comments:
I cannot believe you did that. And I say that because I'm the mother who finds a lego piece and throws it away. Tragic, I know. What an amazing mother you are.
The only legos I hold onto anymore are the Bionicle pieces that seem to congregate in the corners of the couch...any others get tossed. We don't have many of those fancy sets; how many of those little rectangles do you need? You are amazing, and that boy should give you a big old hug for all that tedious work!
it looks great! I am sad to say that all of our legos are in a HUGE bucket and the instructions are long gone! They build it once and then it seems to get tossed into the rest!
Post a Comment