I am really far behind on my blog posts and so I decided to get caught up.
June 1st:
My cousin Justin and his family came from the east coast to visit with us on their way to CA. Justin and I were joking about the fact that you can count by decades the number of times we've actually seen each other. Two or three times total was all we could come up with. We only had one full day together, but it was fun to get to know him and his family a little better. These pictures are of Justin, Clarissa (who is pregnant) and their two kids, Liam and Shannon.
Ballroom Dance Camp (mid June):
Ballroom dance camp was somewhat of a last minute decision. We've had a lot going on with swim team, swimming lessons, visitors and preparing for a family vacation, so we had decided not to take on one more thing. But then last minute, Melissa (their teacher) needed some help with her kids during the camp and offered to have the girls take class for free. Well, it ended up being a great exchange on our end. The girls had a blast and Sara was even able to talk her friend Elizabeth into doing the class with her. At the end they did a little performance showcasing some of the new moves they had learned. I am really glad the girls had a chance to do this because it really was a lot of fun and a great mid day activity.
Swim Meets (throughout the month of June):
I have already posted a little bit about swim lessons and the girl's first swim meet, but Becca and Sara ended up competing in two additional meets and so I thought I would post a few more photos just for fun. Swimming may not be the girls long term thing, but it was a good way to get some exercise during the summer and the meets were really fun. The events and the lengths of each event changed from meet to meet and so I don't know if their times improved, but we were proud of them for putting forth the effort and doing such a great job.
Bob and Stacey (end of June):
Before we had to leave for our family vacation on the 1st of July, Bob and Stacey stopped in for a few days. They were planning to attend a friend's wedding in Mesa on the 2nd of July and so we were lucky enough for have them from the 28th until we left for CA on the 1st. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures while they were here, and so you will just have to take my word for it when I say that they are both darling; and Stacey (who is due only two weeks after me) is hardly showing. She can still wear all of her pre-pregnancy clothes. I am just hoping that one day I can return to mine.
Stacey was still experiencing a bit of morning sickness when she was here, poor thing. I am hoping that she is starting to feel a little better as she gets closer to that 20 week mark. Congratulations Bob and Stacey, you are going to be awesome parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment