Once again, my cute little Sara choose to opt out of having a party on her birthday and instead invite a friend to celebrate with the family and get $100.00. Problem, this year she mentioned her plan to her two good friends Elizabeth and Skyler. I told Sara that now she wasn't going to be able to choose only one friend without hurting the other one's feelings, so we modified the plan and instead invited two friends to spend the day with us and Sara got $50.00.
With this being Sara's 10th birthday she wanted her friends to stay from 10am -10pm. After much pleading I agreed and so the girls came at ten am and the fun began. Sara and her friends played at the house, made and decorated cupcakes, went swimming, ate, watched Kung Fu Panda 2, and played games. Unfortunately Sara didn't have the energy to make it through the 10-10 plan and by 8:45pm she was sound asleep on the couch. I ended up playing skippo and rummikub with her friends until their parent's came to pick them up. I have to admit I do enjoy these low key celebrations, but we may have to rethink the "late night" idea in the future.
Happy Birthday Sara.
No comments:
Post a Comment