I think sometimes that life is a like a majestic landscape carved by our experiences. Just as you begin to feel the peaceful decent down the mountain rough rapids, rugged terrain and winds that threaten to blow you off course become your companion. All of course adding depth, and beauty to the expanse, but not without a price.
This week has been one of those weeks where you feel like Singing, "Master the Tempest is Raging." I may not be climbing a mountain of sorts, but their have been plenty of challenges. I began the week teaching seminary for two days and finding out Carlee had ringworm. On Wednesday Carlee started throwing up, yet again, leading one doctor to recommend going off dairy (again) and the other doctor to contradict the diagnosis but recommend trying it out anyway. Thursday night I was sick and Sunday night Carlee got a real stomach bug and threw up from 1-5:30am every 15-20 minutes. Not to mention regular Sunday lessons, a blue and gold banquet I was a part of and all the regular weekly stuff my kids are trying to do.
I'm sure all of you have weeks like mine, full of small disturbances that begin to add up and accumulate into STRESS. Add feelings of sadness over the son we don't have with us, credit card bills, and an arm that isn't working right and you have all the elements for a perfect storm.
I watched Elder Bednar's CES Broadcast last night and was reminded of the importance of not shrinking. Of excepting the will of the Lord and allowing that faith to propel you forward. I asked Carlee today if she knew her life was going to be so hard. She nodded, "YES." Then I said, "and you still wanted to come." Smiling she nodded, "YES."
2 comments:
Hey Diana, great to get an update on what's new! I did not know about your Grandma, my condolences to your family. The tempest rages for all of us sometimes... I hope Carlee is feeling better. Joey's comment about his baptism cracks me up!
just had a few minutes to get caught up on your blog. hang in there! sounds like your life is definitely "raging" right now. hopefully things will calm down soon. i am so grateful for general conference coming up and feel impressed that you will feel peace as you listen. praying for your family and especially sweet carlee. and sending love from maryland.
Post a Comment