I have three cute ballroom dancing kids who just attended one of the largest ballroom dance competitions in the US. I don't think any of them expected to see and compete against so many amazing kids, but they loved it and left more inspired then ever to become awesome dancers.
Here the kids are practicing in the hallways. I loved this photo of Jake, because he totally had his game face on. He's only been dancing for 8 months but he really wanted to win.
Sara and her partner Jim were the only ones from our dance team to make it through three rounds in the swing competition. But, with anywhere from a 125-200 couples competing and a first round elimination of almost half the couples dancing, it was tough. I think we all learned just how seriously people take ballroom dancing. I didn't think that the fake tan thing was real, but it TOTALLY IS. I thought that part was funny. If you've watched any ballroom dancing movies, you will know what I am talking about. In the end, the kids all had a great time and danced really well. I am really proud of all of them.
1 comment:
I demand a video of the kids showing their swag!
Post a Comment