I little while ago I posted about some of the challenges we have faced with Carlee. Most of them relate to her issues with food and vomiting. At times I feel completely overwhelmed. No one seems to have any answers as to why she keeps throwing up, they just know that something isn't right. I have often prayed in hopes of feeling enlightened and figuring it out, but the answers have yet to come.
In the past month Carlee has spent at least one day out of every week, and sometimes two days, throwing up. On the 19th she got sick again and when she was still throwing up the evening of the 20th we took her to the ER. She was dehydrated and her sodium was incredibly low from all of the vomiting. This picture was actually taken in between vomiting sessions on the 20th. She loves bubble baths and if you didn't know how sick she was you would think she is just a cute baby having fun.
In light of everything we are finally going to meet with a pediatric allergist and I am praying that she will at least be able to guide us in the right direction, when all previous paths have been dead ends. (Remember how she wasn't supposed to be allergic to anything???)
I came home from a beautiful hike today and opened the Ensign for the month of March. In the message from the first presidency it quotes sections of the song, "Master the Tempest is Raging." The same song I had made mention to earlier this month. The song expresses even more then I had previously referenced just how I have hope to feel as we go through this trial.
"Linger, O blessed Redeemer!
Leave me alone no more,
And with joy I shall make the blest harbor
And rest on the blissful shore."
I hope that we will be able to rest from this challenge soon. I pray that with the help of the Lord, physicians may finally be guided towards the correct solution to Carlee's digestive disorders. Until then, I am grateful for the peace I have felt in moments (and there have been many) when I have been called to my knees for help and guidance.
"No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean and earth and skies
They all shall sweetly obey thy will;
Peace, be still."
As my weaknesses are strengthened, maybe one day I too will be strong like the master, who isn't swallowed up by the cares of this world but is instead able to use all things for good.
No comments:
Post a Comment