When I first moved here, three and a half years ago, I wasn't excited about the overwhelming number of cactus, the lack of green grass and the hot summers. I have learned to see the desert differently. Today we went on a hike with our friends the Withams. This is what you saw at the beginning of our adventure.
As we became immersed in this beautifully diverse canyon, the landscape began to change and at the end of our path were these really neat pools of water set in stone with natural slides and waterfalls
The hike was long, almost three miles from where the tram let us off and then we missed the tram going back and so we walked an extra mile and a half, but it was totally worth it.
When we first arrived at the falls I took Carlee out of the hiking backpack and she played in the sand. I was so grateful to have a good, vomit free day, to be on such a beautiful hike, and then to relax and just enjoy watching my kids explore. It was a perfect moment.
What a blessing it is to have such fun friends. I am grateful for new memories and a perfect day! (Well, almost perfect, Chad had to work today, so we missed him.)
No comments:
Post a Comment