August 9, 2009

Back to the Books

What is so special about August 4th 2009?  Well, in the Sahuarita school district it marks the first day kids go back to school.  Jake started his first day of Kindergarten and to add to the fact that Kindergarten is full day, their school is K-8.  (And we aren't talking one class per grade either)  I think there were 7 Kindergarten classes and almost the same number of classes in every other grade.  At least there are buildings that tend to house kids of similar age and grade. 

I had the kids ride the bus to school on the first day so that they would know which bus to get on when they came home, then I walked to the school with Joey to bring in all the kid's supplies.  The campus is HUGE!!!  I was so worried that my cute little Kindergartner would get lost but his Big Sisters took care of him and he made it safely to his class where Joey and I were waiting.  I am definitely glad that Jake has big sisters.  

So far this has been a week of readjustment.  The kids started school.  The girl's dance classes started up again.  I am teaching jazz for 3 hours on Wed and Joey has been forced to hang with mom all day.  We are having fun.  I hope the rest of you are enjoying your last few days of summer or first days of school.  

Anza Trail Elementary  (Building 1A)  I think there are 5 or 6 different buildings. 
Jake and his teacher at the open house Monday before school started.  
All three kids on the first day of school.  All K-8 schools out here wear uniforms.  My girls were kinda bummed.  They were hoping to not wear uniforms this year, but to bad so sad.  

2 comments:

4sweetboys1princess said...

wow, we don't start until the 24th, I am glad my kids don't wear uniforms, I love clothes shopping for the kiddos

Steve and Rebecca said...

Happy First Day of School!! Becca looks like she has grown a foot!!