August 9, 2009

Swim Lessons

I am backtracking now to the end of July, so pretend like you are going back in time. . . . . . 

With two weeks left before school would start, I decided to get the kids signed up for the last session of swim lessons.  Rebecca and Sara have taken swimming lessons in the past but really needed someone to work on strokes with them.  They also needed to get more comfortable swimming in deep water.  Jake could blow bubbles and that was about it.  Joe, when we first moved to AZ screamed every time I tried to get him to go in the pool.  He has become more comfortable in the water, but I wanted him to start learning swimming basics and safety.  


I am proud to say that the girls have now learned 5 different strokes and are both swimming a lot better then they did before. 
Jake can put his head under water for up to 5 seconds and knows basic swimming movements (He still needs help though). 

Joey learned to blow bubbles and kick.  He even let the teacher work with him on floating.  They have all come a long way.  Maybe by next summer we will all be swimming.  

Oh, did I mention that Rebecca and Sara had a really cute instructor.  I guess there is something to be said for motivation.  (Sorry I don't have a picture of the lifeguard, but we sure had fun teasing the girls about him after practice)

No comments: