August 16, 2009

People

So much of life is about our relationships with people.  I have been thinking a lot lately about all of the people who have impacted my life for one reason or another and the lessons I have learned from them.  Every friendship, acquaintance, roommate, family member, etc. . . 

In the words of my sister in law's father, "Everything happens for a reason.  I have seen too many good things happen for it to all be coincidental."  

So thank you.  Thank you for being at the right place at the right time.  Thank you for being the friend or the teacher or the parent or the child.  Thank you for being my strength, my support, and my reason to laugh.  Many of you will never know the impact you have made on me and my family.  I am the person I am because of all of you.  Thank you for being a part of me.  

I am so used to starting over that I tend to compartmentalize my relationships based upon where I happen to be at any given time.  Some of you I have lost touch with.  Know that even though I have been unable to stay in touch with all of you I am thinking about you.  Thank you for all that you are.  Know that you are loved and appreciated.  I know this is sappy, but Thank you for being you.  

No comments: