July 22, 2008

Times they are a changin


I was thinking back to the day when I used to get excited to wake up and watch Felix the friendly cat and Smurfs.  Looking around you can easily see what my kids like to do when they first wake up.  Jake is playing Super Smash Bros on the Wii (See the earnest look on his face.) and Sara is playing Webkinz on the computer.  For those of you who don't know what Webkinz are, they're basically Beanie Babies meets the internet.  I can't believe how well these things are doing but my kids love them.  I remember seeing my first working mouse for a computer at a Math competition in 5th grade.  (Yes I was a nerd)  Times they sure are a changin.  (How's that for midwestern hick)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yet the more things change, the more they stay the same. We're still getting up to "veg out" by looking at screens -- at least Wii and the web are more interactive than TV.

Elena said...

Your kids and mine have the same morning routine. Funny.

Cindy Robinson said...

nice! ...so i pointed at jake's picture and said "hey blaine, who's that?" and blaine said "oh, that's just me!" i had to tell him it was his cousin jakie! at times these boys still kind of look alike! :)