July 9, 2008

4th of July Fun in Utah

Okay, so we disappeared for awhile, but we are back in Clovis now and I am trying to get caught up.  We decided about 3 weeks ago to visit Chad's family for the fourth of July.  Chad's vacation time has been limited this summer because he is one of the only physicians not being transfered, but because we are military he had a half day on the 3rd, and all day on the 4th off, so we thought we would take advantage of the time.  

On the 2nd I drove with the kids up to Sandy Utah.  After a 13 1/2 hour drive we arrived in time for dinner and bed.  On the 3rd we went to the zoo (found out our admission was free because it was military appreciation day) and ran into my grandpa.  Of all the places I could have run into him, I didn't think it would be the zoo in Salt Lake City.  What a pleasant surprise.  Chad came in on the 3rd and so did Chad's brother Frank and his wife Holli. 

On the 4th we went up into the mountains, hiked, had a snowball fight (which I totally lost thanks to Frank) and ended up in Provo at the Stadium of Fire staring the Blue Man Group and Miley Cyrus.  My girls were soooooo excited to see Miley (aka Hannah Montana).  Unfortunately they weren't all that impressed when the concert got going.  I have to admit, it was a big stadium and the sound wasn't all that great, but my girls only knew 2 of the songs she sang and so they got a little bored.  Oh well, so much for being star struck. 

Well, I thought I would include some fun pictures.  Hope you all had a great 4th.  We sure did.  Thanks again to Grandma and Grandpa Prior for letting us come spend a whirlwind weekend at their home.  (And to the Lott family who came to visit us. . . . It was so good to see you guys again.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Orem)



Stadium of Fire Pictures.  Collapsing after a busy weekend, and playing in the mountains.  




2 comments:

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Glad to read you guys had such a wonderful trip to UT. Sorry I couldn't make it with the rest of the fam...would have loved seeing you all again. And I heard the Memory game Dr Prior played with my boys was tons of fun for my little guys.

Welcome home!

Steve and Rebecca said...

Looks like a fun trip!! Minus the long drive...