November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

Trunk or Treat:

Halloween snuck up on us this year.  Only half of the kids were getting new costumes and so the week of Halloween I am quickly running around town trying to find last minute items I forgot to order in advance. 


Carlee wanted to be a kitty cat, but after I brought home a cat costume, she changed her mind and refused to even try the costume on.  (Sounds like another little girl in our house. Hmmm) So we went to the Disney Store and found only 4 costumes left in her size.  I picked out the costume she ended up wearing because Carlee was distracted by all the Toy Story toys and Cars figurines to have an opinion about anything.  When the new movie Frozen comes out I might know a little more about the character she dressed up as, but she was willing to put it on, so we were good.  


Sara didn't want to dress up but I convinced her to at least put on a witches hat for the Trunk or Treat.  I figured that she should at least wear something festive while helping with the games. 


Jake has really gotten into the Ranger's Apprentice series.   He wanted to dress up like Will, one of the main characters.  I didn't get everything quite right, but he felt like his costume was close enough to the description in the book, so he was happy.

 We didn't know until the night of the Trunk or Treat that Blaine planned to dress up as Ash, Pikachu's Pokemon trainer.  When Joey and Blaine found each other, they spent the rest of the night as a pair. 


Matt and Nate always make me smile.  I loved seeing them running around the church playing games.  They are so cute.  


 Carlee didn't really want to trick or treat so I'm glad we got a picture of her early on.  I don't think she really understood that people were giving out candy.  She got a few pieces and was more interested in eating what she had then getting any more. 


Alayna is one of Rebecca's good friends from school.  She comes to just about every activity with Rebecca and so the trunk or treat was no exception.  When the older kids finished cleaning up the games, they went around to collect a few treats before everyone ran out.  They may be teenagers but really they are just cute grown up kiddos who enjoy trick or treating as much as the little ones do. 

Halloween Parade:


 I love that the kid's school still has a Halloween Parade.  The middle school didn't get to participate this year, but the younger kids all looked so cute as they marched around the field showing off their costumes.  Almost every kid dressed up along with most of the faculty.  What a fun way to kick off Halloween.


 Halloween Night:


The big night finally arrived. 


With a house full of cute Trick or Treaters, we loaded up the car and drove over to our friends the Withams.   For the past few years we have gathered with friends on Halloween, had dinner, and then let the kids go out trick or treating.  The problem with going to the Withams is that Carlee has so much fun in their backyard playhouse that she just can't leave.  So, when all of the other kids left to get candy, Chad and I stayed behind with Carlee and a few other little ones who were just having to much fun to leave.  Carlee doesn't play with a lot of other girls her age and so seeing her act girly with the other two year old princesses was a fun treat for me.  Happy Halloween







No comments: