October 21, 2010

Happiness is. . .

A few weeks before my friend Rachel passed away she used to say to me, "If I don't laugh, I'll cry, so I choose to laugh."

I have since learned that happiness is something you find when you are looking for the good in everything and everyone and every circumstance. It is a choice; and one I hope that I can always make.

2 comments:

Elena said...

I've always liked that, too. And, when I think of you and what you've been through - and what you are probably going to go through for a significant period of time, I picture you laughing and smiling with your beautiful eyes twinkling. You always could find joy in anything.

Jenn said...

That is very special, Diana...you have such an enormous amount of strength and heart. You've been that special friend to me that I am inspired by and one that could always find happiness in any circumstance. I, too, always picture you with your big smile.