Tuesday, June 22, 2010
we laid Joshua to rest at the Bing-Hampton Cemetary in Tucson, AZ.
In the presense of family, and a few close friends, we said our final goodbyes.
I've never been a huge fan of dirt and rocks, just ask my husband, but yesterday I thought this cute desert cemetary was the most beautiful place on earth. Joshua's resting place is next to his cousin Jenny who died 3 years ago in 2007. It gives me comfort to know that he is with family.
It's hard to find words to express all of the emotions you feel on a day like this. Loosing a child is somthing you don't ever hope for anyone. It's easy to question why any of this had to happen, but the one thing I've learned is that each day is a gift. Things that seemed important to me just 2 weeks ago, are not the same things I focus on today. Family is everything, Love is everything, and God is over all. I know that. I've always known that, but now I understand.
Words can not express our grattitude to all of you for your kind words, and generous offerings. We have been amazed by the incredible amount of love we have felt from each of you, and all of the prayers offered on our behalf. Thank you beyond words. We love you all.
8 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. What a sweet thing for you to post this for all of us that are mourning with you. We love you guys so much and know that Heavenly Father will help heal your hearts and soothe your spirits.
Yes, what Natalie said, we are all mourning with you from afar. It is a beautiful place for your dear baby boy to rest.
Diana and Chad, Troy and I wanted to send our deepest condolences. Nothing is harder than the loss of a child, but how grateful we are for the knowledge that our heavenly father loves us and is taking care of our little ones until we get the chance to do it ourselves.
We love you. Our thoughts are prayers are with you and your family.
I am so sorry. I hope you can feel our love and prayers from far away. I wish we could be there to help, but know that we are praying for all of you, especially for the kids. Take care.
My heart is aching for you right now. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting these precious pictures and for your testimony. We can't be there with you but our prayers can, and I know that your little boy is home being loved and cared for right now, and probably so thankful to you for giving him a body and great family to be sealed to for eternity.
We love you,
Robyn and the rest of the Cheney family.
Di, It was so great to see you and your beautiful family today. I cannot believe how much older they look each time I see them. Thank you so much for sharing the life of Joshua on your blog. It touched me so much. You are such a beautiful and amazing mom and individual. One I have always always looked up to. Know that you have been in my prayers these past few weeks and that I love you!
Rach
I love you! Just know that I am thinking about you! Thank you for your sweet testimony and sharing such a hard thing with all of us! I have always admired you for your strength and courage!
Oh Diana, I just cannot even imagine! Your strength amazes me. Please know that our families thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I am so comforted by the knowledge I have of eternal families right now!
Post a Comment