June 4, 2010

Piano Man

I have to chuckle because my husband has seriously worn off on my children. After forcing the kids to listen to Billy Joel while cleaning the house Saturday morning, my children have all decided that they really like him.

Every day for the past week we get in the car and the Ipod is immediately set to "Piano Man." (The first song on the play list.) Even Joey is belting out the classic tune as we drive down the street. Now don't get me wrong, I really like Billy Joel, but after the 500th time listening to it, I am actually starting to miss the radio.

I guess the moral of the story is, expose your children to different types of music, but be careful about choosing your artists one at a time.

3 comments:

Cindy Robinson said...

"it's 9 o'clock on a saturday...as the fiddle ran away with the spoon! ohhhhh laaa lala la dee dah" haha...or something like that right! i'll ask Joey...he'll know
*cindy

Staci said...

Hey Diana,

It's Staci from a long time ago! I was one of your mom's laurels. So I was wondering if you had any tips for my girls starting dance or how to keep them with dance... they're only 2. I was thinking about starting them when they're 4 or 5.

Looks like you're taking after your mom with the big family- and so close together! And you're teaching dance? Is that right? How do you do it all? You go girl!

Would you mind emailing me a few dance tips? staciavh@gmail.com. Thanks!

Heather B said...

If you're getting tired of those lyrics, you can always expose them to Weird Al's parody of Piano Man--it's about the Spiderman movie, and some of my kids know it by heart. I'm not sure if that would really be a help though...hmmm.