June 29, 2010

Distractions

After Joshua's burial, Chad and I felt the need to get away for awhile so we drove to California. The beach has always been therapeutic for us. Maybe it is the feeling of familiarity or the reminder that our lives and challenges are small in comparison to the universe and it's vast complexities. Either way, the beach continues to be a great distraction for our family.

To our complete astonishment we arrived at my parents home Tuesday night and were met with an outpouring of love from family and friends. As a result, we were able to do a lot of things with our kids that we would not have been able to do otherwise. We still spent three out of the five days we were there at the beach, but we were also able to have some much needed mommy/daughter and father/son time.

I know that there isn't a magic wand out there that can take away all of the sadness, but it helps to have so many of you praying for our family and offering words of comfort. Thank you. We love you all.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away for a while and have fun with your kids and get some precious family time. We will be sending love and prayers your way for a long, long time.

Steve and Rebecca said...

The beach and the temple are my best distractions from "the real world". Glad you were all able to come to CA for a few days!! BTW, I talked to Camille Clark today and she said she saw your mom last night. She is in my stake (they serve in the singles' ward), but her little boy (Christian) comes to our primary. What a great family!

4sweetboys1princess said...

Girl, I am so sorry. With the craziness of summer I had not checked on blogs in a long time and I had no idea what was happening with you. Your family is in our prayers.