I am amazed at how my thoughts and prayers have changed over the past few days. Joshua is a very special little boy. He has so many challenges ahead of him. We desperately need his kidneys and lungs to start functioning. He has swelled up like a little marshmallow boy, but if he can overcome these obstacles there are neurological issues as well.
Today Joshua had his MRI. After a dismal CT scan and the potential for total devastation, I was so happy to hear that his injuries, although serious, were not all encompassing. Joshua has damage along the sides of his brain which typically means that he will have cerebral palsy. We don't know to what extent his motor abilities or cognitive capacity will be effected, but we know that this will be the most likely outcome.
I can't tell you how happy I was to hear this. If forced to choose between loosing a child and having a child with special needs, I've learned that I would choose a special needs child any day. I watched a young girl walk down the hall with her baby that had passed away and I realized that there are definitely others who have had worse challenges then I have. I feel so blessed that further damage was not identified. Having said this, his body still needs to heal or we may still loose him, but at least we have hope that he can have a life even if that life is a difficult one.
We appreciate your prayers, and continue to need them. Thank you for all of your thoughts and kind words. They help us at moments when we struggle. We love you all and will continue to keep you posted as more information is available.
5 comments:
We are still praying for little Joshua and all of you. Neat to see some pictures. We love him already. Prayers and faith to heaven...God is in charge.
Holli & Frank
Diana, I know how you feel. An ultrasound showed some cysts on Avery's brain. There were several possible outcomes and I came to a realization that a special needs child was a blessing. That caring for a child of God who needed more care could only bring me closer to the love He feels for us. I will continue to pray for sweet Joshua. And for you. I wish I were there to hug you right now. Joshua is a blessed little guy to have your smile to wake up to every morning.
Joshua is so blessed to be part of a such a loving family. You are doing an amazing job meeting this challenge -- I hope he continues to improve and that he comes home with you soon. I hope you feel my prayers surrounding you and your family.
We are praying over here. Every prayer in our household includes your little Joshua. What a blessing to have the gospel. Stay strong - you are such a wonderful example to us all. Our love and thoughts are also with you.
Matt, Camille & family
We love you, Di, and think of you guys all day long. We are praying for baby Joshua and love him so much already!
Post a Comment