My mom is trying to keep this blog updated, but I thought I would add a few thoughts while I have a minute. It is interesting to think from time to time how you might handle some of life's great challenges. The one thing I've learned is that there isn't any way that you can prepare your emotions for the task.
The past few days have been a roller coaster. Joshua's umbilical cord had a tear in it and so after going through full labor (without an epidural) we had to stop and do an emergency C-section during the pushing phase. As a result of the tear, Joshua lost a lot of blood and his heart wasn't beating when he was delivered.
The loss of blood caused multiple organs to begin to fail. They drove him over to the NICU at University Medical center, where they have cooled his body temperature and paralyzed him in hopes of regaining function in his little body.
The Joshua of the Old Testament had to have courage, strength and faith in the Lord. He learned that with the help of the Lord impossible things could happen.
Every day right now is a new challenge. We have good moments and bad ones. For every step forward there are at times three steps we take backwards, but I am writing this today, because things for the first time have looked better. Joshua has a lot of fluid in his body, which has caused him to swell up quite a bit. His kidneys have started to work, but if we can get them to improve, then some of the problems associated with the excess fluid could be corrected. His heart is looking better then it ever has and his lungs are doing okay.
This afternoon they will do a brain scan. This is probably one of the more worrisome things because of all the excess fluid. We are hoping that his brain and organs will fully recover, but there is high probability of brain damage. We keep praying for miracles but are grateful for each step that we can take in the right direction.
Thank you for your prayers. We feel them and appreciate the effect they are having on our family. We will keep you posted. Hopefully more good news will follow. We are so thankful for helping hands and the presence of the Lord in our lives. I don't know how we could go through this experience without Him. We love you all, and thanks again for everything.
8 comments:
We are keeping your family in our prayers and that all goes well for your sweet little baby boy♥♥♥
My prayers are still coming.
Oh Diana, I have been thinking of you all day and sending prayers your way and will certainly continue to do so. I love you, take care.
Hang in there mom, and know that we love you and are praying for all of you. Rest when you can, and give everyone hugs from us.
Oh my gosh, Diana! I can't believe this has happened since I just talked with you not that long ago! All our prayers are with Joshua, you, and the entire family.
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you and baby Joshua have a speedy recovery. I know I am far far away, but call me if you need to talk.
Dear Prior Family,
We will be thinking about your family and praying for Little Joshua. I didn't even know you were expecting and I have been trying to get back to blogging. I'm so glad I visited your page today! I love you guys!
:)
Sara
Prayers and (((HUGS))) headed your way from NM. Glad to hear that baby Joshua is doing better, and that things are looking up. So sorry you guys arer having to deal with a trial such as this. We love and miss you guys. Please know that you are not alone.
Love you all!!
Post a Comment