The title of "Graduate" now applies to preschoolers, kindergarteners, and just about every child in every grade in between. Lucky for Jake, they had a Kindergarten "Promotion" ceremony. (Not graduation) Chad was pleased with the school's choice of wording.
Jake and Ms. Puckett his Kindergarten teacher.
Sara's class had a party at the park as a way of celebrating their "Advancement." Her teacher Ms. Cruse had the parents each say something about their child and then the child had a turn to say something about their parent. Sara opted not to participate saying that I "embarrassed her" when I talked about her.
After the "embarrassing part" the kids put on a talent show. Some kids sang, others did group numbers, Sara told jokes with a friend. They were very cute. I'm sure you have all heard most of her jokes, but for those of you with out third graders at home, "How do you make Lady Gaga mad?". . . "Poke her face." Hahaha. It was a fun day.
3 comments:
I totally agree with Chad. How do you graduate from preschool? You just move on. Jake's (my Jake) class had a "See You Later Alligator" celebration where they were each spotlighted. I thought that was far more appropriate.
Your kids are growing up so fast and beautiful.
Haha...tell Sara I like her sense of humor. My kind of joke! :) hehe Does she have any others?
Kasia just completed 5th grade, and there was no ceremony, no promotion, and no big deal about going to middle school next year. !?! I totally agree about preschool graduations, though!
Post a Comment