Both Jake and Joey had a great time at the zoo. The animals were active, Jake was in charge of his group's checklist, and Joey was just happy to be there with the big kids. He can't wait to be one of them.
Joey petting a snake. What is it with little boys and snakes? Jake has been writing stories about snakes, drawing pictures of snakes. I guess snakes are just fascinating.
Jake and his classmate also named Joey were reviewing their map. They needed to chart out which exhibits they hadn't visited yet. Their group leader (Joey's mom) was really great about letting them take charge.
I have to admit, I was grateful to come along as a parent and not a group leader. Kindergartners don't passively walk from one exhibit to another, they run. (And running isn't really my thing right now.) Not only that, they climb everything. I guess that's why we call them monkeys, Right???
We finished looking at all the animals about 25 minutes before we needed to meet for lunch and so their Kindergarten teacher Ms. Puckett gave the kids permission to play in the water area. I guess she assumed they would dry out by the time they got back to school. I hope she was right, because those kids got SERIOUSLY WET. What a great day.
1 comment:
What FUN, BEAUTIFUL pictures! LOVE IT! It looks like you all had a WONDERFUL time. :)
Post a Comment