Last Saturday was our studio's dance recital. I can't tell you how excited I have been for this day to come. I am feeling really pregnant at this point and so teaching has become exponentially more difficult, but aside from that, I was really excited to watch the kids perform. Everyone did a great job. I had 6 dance pieces in this recital which is the most I've ever had in a studio recital.
Rebecca and Sara had three dances each, ballroom, jazz, and ballet, Jake was in one number for gymnastics, and Joey was in a creative dance "Indiana Jones" piece. The kids all did really well.
Unlike other studios I have worked at, the dress rehearsal and recital were all on the same day. I was so exhausted by the end of the day. I came home Saturday night around 10pm and just crashed. I don't think that I have slept that well my entire pregnancy, and then I woke up the next day still tired with a headache. I guess my body didn't like the chaos that recitals tend to be. (And this was a low key year for me.)
At the end of the day, the kids looked great, performed well, and we all received lots of positive feedback. Jake's kindergarten teacher from the first half of the year (we switched schools in January) came to the show and talked with Jake backstage. It made his whole day. I can't tell you how influential teachers are. The littlest things make a huge impact. So thanks Ms. Peters for taking the time to say Hi.
Beautiful Ballerinas
Isn't it great to be tall. One day the boys will catch up, just not today.
Rebecca wanted to revive the nun-chucks, so I added them into my Jazz III piece "Masquerade." It turned out really cool.
Isn't he a cute Indiana Jones.
Jake learned how to do a cartwheel. He is super proud of himself.
My Jazz II/III class did "Cops and Robbers." There was a little gangster boy in this dance as well. My niece Aubrey was in this class and has amazed me to no end with her growth. Being 6 in a class with 8-12 year olds isn't easy. By the end of the year she was just as good as any of them. I'm so proud of her.
My 5-6 yr old baby divas. These little girls got on stage and had the entire crowd busting up. They had so much attitude. I loved it. Way to go Jazz I.
I only have pictures of my older kids rehearsing, but they did really well too. I am definitely going to miss all of them as I take some time off to have a baby. It's been a great year for dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment