October 19, 2009

Family Photo Attempts


Have you ever gone out, spent money on new clothes, worked for an hour to get your girl's hair looking cute only to have family photo chaos?

While in CA for fall break I thought it would be a good idea to get pictures taken of the kids for the house or holiday greeting cards. We made it to our first location, only to have Joey refuse to even stand in the picture. (Let alone smile)

He cried, I begged, bribed, pleaded, NOTHING. Finally as we are about to leave, he agrees to stand in and smile for a few shots. (Little stinker)

When we arrived at our second location, the sun was bright, the kids were tired, and all I could get was well, you can see for yourselves. I am hoping my mom was able to get some better shots, but I haven't had a chance to even look at the ones she took and now I am back in AZ. Oh well, so much for cooperation. Maybe next time.
Whatever you do, don't all look at the camera and smile at once.
Like the arm covering the face Rebecca. I promise the boys don't bite.
When all else fails you can always make faces at each other.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

THANK YOU for the honesty. The more kids you have, the harder it is to get everyone looking and smiling, and I often wonder how other people manage to do it so effortlessly, though I guess you never know how many shots it took to get one good one. I hope it gets easier as they age...

Hope you get that perfect shot! (Hope we do too, I haven't even tried this year yet)!

Caralee said...

The one of Jake and Joey at the top turned out very cute. We miss you guys!

Anjella said...

That is too hilarious, and yes, I have been there. EVERY YEAR! There is always ONE of them that wants to be a stinker.

Heather B said...

I say just embrace it and go with the silly face one! It generally is more true to life than the nice ones, at least in our case it is. Take care.

Carrie Jensen said...

Cute pics, Di. Hope you guys had fun in CA. I'm jealous... :)

4sweetboys1princess said...

We are trying this weekend. I have a feeling my experience will be similar to yours.