March 13, 2009

This is why we are just weird. . . .

Okay, so looking at the first two pictures you may not think weirdos, but the third one is self explanatory.  So let me explain.  

Chad and I often have conversations where the discussion ends with "you know we are just weird."  The good news is that we still manage to find other people as crazy as we are to hang out with.  

Case in point number one:
Poor Jake is 5 years old and so excited because he just got his first bike.  Yes, until last week he was riding a tricycle around the street.  How sad is that.  He's child number 3 and totally neglected sometimes.  

Case in point number two:
I love to bake but hate to cook.  Make any sense??? Okay for those of you who know me, you know that I have a sweet tooth.  I love strawberries and chocolate and pretty much anything that has sugar in it.  I hate dieting.  I stink at it personally.  So instead I try to run and lift weights to make up for it.  I would rather run 4 miles and eat my daily dose of M&M's then give up the chocolaty goodness.  Strange right, ya I know.  

Case in point number three:
My weirdness is rubbing off onto my children.  Chad and I have often caught both Rebecca and Sara sleeping like this.  (Legs bent and crossed).  They didn't believe us when we told them, so I took a picture to prove it.  

Now I'm not even getting into Joey's upset when he can't play with the girls American girl dolls, Jake's jetes that are better then some of the kids I've taught in my dance classes and Chad hoping to finally get out of training and into a real job by the time he's 40.  To add to it all we like to play Pinochle and we're not even 60 yet.  The more tired I become, the more I start to sing instead of talk and at any given time there may be an extra 5-10 kids running through our house.  Yes, we are weird, but hey it works for us.  



3 comments:

Jessica said...

I personally don't think any of those things are weird. I am totally with you on baking vs. cooking, and not denying myself dessert, and the bike thing (Kasia, a first child mind you, got her first bike at age 7, after we moved here and could afford one). My girls would prefer Thomas the Tank underwear to princesses. We are also hoping to get out of training and into a real job (and real house) before 40, too.

As for your daughter sleeping without sheets on her mattress, now *that* is weird.

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I hate dieting as well. I continue to exercise, but you really can't tell. I have told you on numerous occasions that I love the sweet foods you make. You are a great family! We miss you!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Late birthday!