March 23, 2009

Guilt Gone

Being the mother of 4 and now 33 years old, I don't have the same energy level I had at 25.  Two days ago I received an email from a girl at church who wanted to start a play group.  She is planning to do something very similar to what I remember doing with Rebecca.  (Plan an activity, provide lunch, etc. . . )  

At this point I was starting to feel a little bit of guilt for having never set up play groups for the boys.  So, I asked Rebecca if she remembered anything about any of the activities we mom's worked so hard to plan for play group in St. Louis.  Not only could she not remember even ONE play group activity, she couldn't remember any of the places we used to go to all the time, or any of the kids we used to play with.  A few pictures jogged some memory, but not much; and we had done play group every Wed. for 4 years.  

The moral of the story is moms should never feel guilty about not doing or doing something different with each child. . . because in the end they won't remember and it really doesn't matter anyways.  

At least I have a lot of fun memories.  Maybe playgroups are more for young moms then young kids.  You think???

3 comments:

Elena said...

What?! You're 33? That must mean I'm. . . AAAUUUGGGGHHH! Just kidding. But I agree with you whole heartedly. One of my friends and I were just discussing the same thing yesterday.

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I think they are definately for younger moms. I just don't have a much time as I did either. I tried going to a few when I first moved to Gainesville, but I just felt really old..

Heather B said...

Amen! I know I have a little one at home, but after 19 years of preschoolers he's just going to have to be content with boring old mom, the grocery store, and major car seat time running siblings everywhere! Boo to guilt!