March 15, 2009

I have a chair stacker!!!



When we lived in San Antonio my really good friend Melanie Christensen told me that her dream in college was to marry a chair stacker. Now if you aren't a Mormon, you may not know the significance of this particular title. A chair stacker is someone who always volunteers to help and stays after to clean up events. (ie. . help put away the chairs, etc. ) In Melanie's case a chair stacker would also represent someone who is not only service oriented outside the home but also helpful inside the home as well. (If you know her husband Dee you would also know that she did indeed marry a chair stacker)


Today we had primary in the chapel because the primary room was having heating issues. The temperature was stuck at 54 degrees. At the end of church I was busy picking up the chapel and putting things away and what do I see???? My 5 year old Jake in the freezing primary room is folding up all the chairs (by himself). Every Sunday the kids usually have to fold up the chairs because we use that room as the family history center during the week. I was so proud of him. So now I can let Melanie know (for future reference . . . she has two little girls ages 3 and 1) that I have a chair stacker.

No comments: