My husband once asked me what my dream calling in the church would be. That's a hard question to consider, but spending a week at girls camp with two of my girls would definitely be one of favorites. I have only spent 3 years in young women's callings and they were all before I turned 30, so I was thrilled when the Bishop asked me to go to girl's camp with Rebecca and Sara.
This year the Stake decided to divide the girls up by levels instead of wards. I went with the first year girls (Sara's group) and served with two other ladies from Nogales ward and Jen Clark a friend, and former ward member, who came back with her daughter to go to camp. I was the only one called from our ward to go to camp and so we were grateful to have Jen come and help.
Not only did I get to attend camp with my girls, but it was also the first time I was able to be at camp with my sister Cindy. She was called to be an assistant Stake Camp Director and did a fabulous job. She's super cute and all the girls LOVED her.
Something I loved most about girl's camp was watching my own girls grow. You see them every day at home, but you don't always get to experience them interacting with their friends, learning, and studying the scriptures. I loved that I could be a part of their journey.
Spoons. . . it brings out the best in everyone.
I really hope they let me go back again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment