(This cake was made out of two full cake recipes; the one my husband uses to make his 5 layer chocolate cake. It was HUGE)
This week our church had a Super Saturday Activity planned with speakers, crafts, lunch, etc. and I was in charge. I think I spent at least 10 hours a day preparing and so I told Rebecca that we couldn't plan anything else until after Saturday. She wasn't to happy with me because, like I said, the invitations were ready to go.
On Friday Chad got off work early and we decided to go out to dinner as a family while Sara was at dance. When we arrived home Rebecca was the first to enter the house and find it totally decorated with her friends jumping out and yelling surprise. She was in shock.
My sister had come over while we were gone and decorated. I had spent a few hours each day while the kids were at school making the cake, decorating it, and then hiding items to decorate the house with at Karen's. One day, after I had baked a layer of the cake, Rebecca came home wondering what that smell in the house was. She searched everywhere for what she thought was brownies, but we convinced her she was crazy because nothing was there.
After cake and ice cream with her friends, we opened presents and drove to the Gaslight theater. I had never been to the Gaslight theater but it turned out to be just as fun as everyone had said it would be. The cast performs musical spoofs. The show we saw was based on Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings. The after show was called "Singing and Dancing with the Stars" and poked fun at Billy Joel, Gloria Estefon, Sher, and Donald Trump. The kids were laughing the entire time. I have to admit, I was proud of us for pulling off the big Surprise. Happy Birthday Becca. I can't believe you are 12.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Rebecca! Amazing how fast the time has gone by. I'm still sad that Evan started middle school this year.
Happy Birthday Becca! I can't believe you are 12 either.
Post a Comment