September 11, 2011

Labor Day Weekend



My sister Karen asked me if I knew why it was we celebrated Labor Day. To be honest I didn't know, but apparently it has something to do with the Labor Unions. Whatever the reason may be I was just excited that my husband had the entire weekend off. (That never happens so I was happy.)



To celebrate, we went up to the canyon with my sister and some friends on Saturday evening. The kids had a great time running around and throwing rocks into the nearby stream. Rebecca and her friend Alyssa decided to put together a nature magazine and so they were taking pictures of each other and all the other kids "in nature." We actually saw some wild turkeys running around, but didn't get out the camera in time.



I've decided that being pregnant must make me more desirable to the bugs because every where I went I would end up with some type of beetle crawling up me. They landed on my back, crawled up my legs, and were on my arm when I would look down at my elbow. I tried to steer clear of trees, but nothing seemed to help.


As the evening progressed, we ate dinner and made smores over our friend's little Barbeque pit. Not quite like camping, but a close second. It is always nice to escape the heat of the desert and relax up in the canyon. The nice thing is that we don't have to drive very far and we have lots of friends willing to join us. Happy Labor Day.

2 comments:

Keiko said...

Fun time, but very upset that there are no pregnant pics of you!

Prior Family said...

Yahh, pictures of me right now are just not cute. I don't think they make clothing for people who are having their 6th child. My hips are too big for the shirts that would fit me on top and the ones that fit around the belly/hips I'm swimming in on top. Not fun, but only 10-11 more weeks so I'll survive it.