May 4, 2011

One last time!

I am now learning to avoid saying things like I never want to do _______ or I never want to live ______. For those of you who know me, just about everything I never wanted to experience (and have vocalized) I've experienced.

I've always said that at 35 I would be done having children. Well, after loosing Joshua and wrestling with my own conscience (that has always said I would have 6 children) we are expecting one more. As sick as I have been the past few weeks and as emotionally unstable as I have felt, I am at peace with our decision. It may seem strange, but I feel like I promised Heavenly Father that I would do this 6 times and finishing my half of that promise has helped me to be okay with the situation. I don't know how things will turn out. I have hope that everything will be okay, but a feeling of despair often creeps in as I wonder if something will still happen and I will once again go home empty handed. Whatever the end results may be, we look forward to counting our blessings this Thanksgiving with one more in tow.

For those of you into specifics, my due date is somewhere around Dec. 10th but I am typically scheduled 1-2 weeks in advance of that. The boys were both two weeks early and Josh was 5 weeks early, so I am a little concerned that this baby may want to come before the two week window. I guess we will just have to wait and see. To all of you who have been praying for us already, Thanks. I have a feeling that prayer is the only way I am going to get through this. So far the baby has a strong heartbeat and looks good. We will keep you updated.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Congratulations Diana! I am so happy for you.

I know how hard this is...After we lost Jacob...getting pregnant again was so scary. But you can do this.

And come what may...I know Heavenly Father will bless and keep you.

Michelle said...

yay! congratulations! i know what you mean about knowing there's one more left... i feel the same way! praying for your sweet family!

Sara Liechty said...

Congratulations Diana! I am expecting my number 5 in 8 weeks. I know the Lord will bless you and your sweet family! Love you!

Elena said...

I'd give you a big hug if I were close by. I'm happy for you to add your sixth little one to your brood. And I will keep you in my prayers.

Jessica said...

That's wonderful news! I am thrilled for you and Chad! You're already in my prayers but I'll add your sweet little one as well.

4sweetboys1princess said...

Congrats! praying all goes well for you.

Caralee said...

Congratulations!! You continue to amaze me...You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!

Keiko said...

Wow! Congratulations! You are so strong and with all the support you have through family and friends, I know everything will go great! Definitely thinking and praying for you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Sending more prayers your way!