The Waltz
Jive
Melissa, her ballroom teacher, broke off from Sahuarita Dance at the same time that I did and so this is her first year doing a recital of her own. Having only one ballroom dance group, 5 different routines and costume changes, she asked if my little jazz girls could perform two numbers to help give them some added time to change. My good friend Laurie Reinagel, who started offering vocal lessons from her home this year, also filled in a few gaps with 4 of her students. (Sara being one of them)
4 of my six dancing fairies. Sara singing "I know things now."
All in all we had a low key, enjoyable, recital experience. I love when kids can learn to dance and perform without all of the expense and fuss that is so often associated with dancing. Don't get me wrong, performing on a big stage and putting on a great show is rewarding, but sometimes taking a break from the spectacle and enjoying the experience is a nice reprieve.
Hip Hop-ChaCha (I got to help with the hip hop choreo so that was fun)
No comments:
Post a Comment