On good Friday we drive to Mesa for the Easter Pageant.
On Saturday we have family and friends come over for an Easter Egg hunt, egg decorating and a treat. This year we decorated cupcakes.
This year I hid one special egg that had a $10 bill in it. My girls were so intent on finding the one egg that they didn't even gather the 10 eggs they were allowed to find and collect. I guess their searching paid off because Rebecca eventually found the coveted egg.
We like to eat the cupcakes as soon as they are decorated.
On Easter morning the kids all frantically search for their Easter baskets and the eggs they decorated the day before. That silly bunny likes to hide everything. On Sunday we also get dressed up, go to church, and have an Easter feast of ham, scalloped potatoes, jello, creamed corn and rolls.
We don't let the kids go downstairs to find their baskets and eggs until Chad and I are up. We forgot to talk to the kids about a good time to wake up mom and dad so at 6:15 am we had a room full of kids telling us that it was time to get up.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the kids before they left for church, but it was a great day. I loved the Easter messages at church and the enjoyable time we spent together as a family. Happy Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment