About 10 days ago I was in a car accident. I was driving with my son Joey to pick up the older kids from school. We were cruising down the road going the speed limit when Joey asked me for a piece of paper to spit his gum out in. I looked down for about 1 sec to get a piece of paper and when I looked up the car in front of me was slamming on his brakes and going to the left. I slammed on my brakes and went to the right, but the split second I lost looking down was just enough to cause the collision. Apparently up ahead was a bus stopped in front of the train tracks with cars lined up behind the bus. The driver in front of me couldn't figure out what the guy in front of him was doing and when he realized what was happening he slammed on his brakes.
After meeting with an appraiser, the insurance company determined that our van still had enough value to pay for the repairs. We started looking into the value of our car and realized that if we did fix the car it really wouldn't be worth much in another year, so we began looking at used vehicles. The end result was this. . .
We bought a 2005 Toyota Sequoia. I am a little concerned about the cost of gas, but this vehicle is a lot more comfortable and roomy for the kids. The car seats 8 which is great and Chad really likes it. We got a killer deal and had the best experience buying the car from a Lexus dealer.
But. . . . I miss my minivan. I guess after 7 years you get a little attached. Our minivan has 200,000 miles on it and a million and one memories. It's strange to see it sitting in our garage awaiting it's future fate. We still haven't decided if we are going to sell it for parts or eventually fix it so we can have a back up vehicle. I know that getting new cars is a part of life, but I was really happy with what I had. I will miss you little minivan.
2 comments:
:( I'm sorry Di! No fun! You and Joey okay?
We are fine. We weren't going very fast when it happened but I was really shaken up afterwords.
Post a Comment