April 6, 2011

Prior Family Beginnings


For those of you out there who like to make Photo books, here is a little pitch for blurb.com. I have made books using other popular sites in the past, all of which turned out great, but the only thing that wasn't so great was the cost. Then I found out about blurb. If you want to make large photo books, the price is right and the quality is awesome. I did my first book when we left NM. It was over 200 pages and spanned four years of our life. Now I have decided to go back in time and write a new book about the early years of our marriage.

I am having so much fun re-reading old journal entries, scanning pictures and remembering what it was like to have 3 small children at home. I had forgotten so many of the cute things my kids used to do and say. Luckily I did write some things down so all is not lost, but for those of you who may not get a chance to see this book I thought I would include a few fun stories and pictures from our past.

Rebecca
-When I am scolding Rebecca or telling her she shouldn't do something she says to me, "Listen to your mother." (Meaning listen to Rebecca.)

-When we visited my family before coming to San Antonio, Rebecca told everyone in my parent's ward (church) that Chad, Jacob and I were moving to Texas but her and Sara were staying with Grandma. A week before we left we had to inform Rebecca that Sara and her were coming to Texas as well. She was sad.

-Rebecca came out of preschool today with a sad face, so I asked her what happened. She said, "I was disappointed. All they did was talk and talk and I didn't even get to paint. " So, I asked what they talked about and she said, "I don't know, I didn't listen."

Sara

-When Sara went to bed, Chad was getting her tucked in and he said, "Okay Sara, it's time to say prayers." Sara bowed her head, closed her eyes, and then in her own language said a prayer. She paused where she thought it was appropriate and when she was done, she looked up at Chad and smiled. It was so cute that I had a hard time not laughing a little.

Later that night I was saying my own prayers and said, "I know you probably couldn't understand Sara, but I know that you must know what's in that little heart of hers." When I said that a very warm, powerful feeling came over me. The words that came to my mind were, "Yes, I know."

-We started a preschool for Sara rotating thru people's homes. This week it was at our house and on one of the days we had oranges and learned about the color orange. The whole day Sara would call me teacher not mom. The day after she said to me, "Mom can you cut and peal me an orange like my teacher did." (I was the teacher)

Jake

-Jake is trying to learn how to crawl. He isn't quite there yet and so he puts his head down and lurches forward. It's hilarious. He looks like a bulldozer. The sad thing is that sometimes he bulldozes right into tables, chairs, the couch, etc. . .

-Jake is such a fun baby. He has this cute tongue he likes to stick out. It's so long and skinny cuz he rolls it. I seriously think he could touch his chin with it. I've been calling him my little lizard boy

-Jake spit up all over Sara-her hair, sandwich, arms, and legs. She was soooooo grossed out and crying. I got her all cleaned up and then she started to gag. I had her lie down in her bed and went to get something. When I came back she had thrown up all over her blanket. I asked her if she felt better now and she said, "Yes." It was so sad, I gave her a bath afterwords.

1 comment:

Caralee said...

That is so sweet! Definitely made me laugh! Thanks for reminding me that I need to record all the new/funny things Maya does. By the way, we played games with some new friends the other day. Turns out they knew you guys when you lived here in San Antonio- Matt and Celeste Knight..small world, huh?? :)