March 19, 2011

Grandpa Clark



Last night at 11:45pm my Grandpa Clark passed away.



For years Grandpa has been my go to guy. When I had questions about the gospel, I went to him, when I had concerns about life, I called him. About 2 years ago my grandpa started developing Alzheimers. His sweet wife passed away about a year and a half ago and ever since then he has struggled to find purpose and peace in a body that he was steadily loosing control over.



My Grandpa Clark married Chad and I in the San Diego Temple 13 years ago. He held Rebecca when she was only 3 weeks old, and he has been an inspiration to both me and my children for years. We have pictures he has painted hanging in our home. All day long I have been thinking about all of the things my Grandfather has taught me. I thought I would share just a few of them.

On our Wedding day:
"Diana, there isn't anything you will experience in life or in your marriage that you can't overcome if you keep the Lord in the equation."

On the phone:
"Always remember Diana, to never judge where someone else is at, we are all moving in the same direction we are just at different places along the path."

On the phone:
"Grandpa, if we can't all make it to the Celestial Kingdom, what's the point?"
"Diana, tell me which one of your kids you don't want?"
"I want all of them."
"If we don't get to the Celestial Kingdom it will be because we've chosen not to be there, not because he doesn't want us there."

Christmas 2009:
"When you get to be my age, there isn't anything better then family. Family is everything."

Amen Grandpa. I love you and will miss you dearly.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

Oh Diana. I'm so sorry. I know how near and dear your sweet Grandpa is to your heart. He taught me through you; thanks for sharing some of his wisdom with me today, as well as those times when I was questioning after our institute discussions. Know that my prayers are with you. Take care, my dear.