This last year has been a re-coop time for me, at least as far as dance is concerned. I have only taught one class all year and it has been a jazz class for my two nieces and the ballroom teachers two little girls. Having a small class that isn't really associated with anything has it's perks. We don't have to worry about big recitals, and I can do and teach whatever we want without any type of time frame. At the girl's request, we learned a dance that we could perform and were given the opportunity to do just that last week.
Melissa, who teaches my girls ballroom dance, was preparing to go to a retirement center and perform. She asked if my little girls would be ready to do something. I said, "Sure," and decided to discuss the opportunity with the girls in class. That week I asked the girls why it was we danced. They seemed puzzled by the question, so I asked them how they felt when they watched other people dance. The overwhelming response was, "Happy." Then I told them that we were going to have the chance to make people feel happy. They were excited. I was so proud of these cute little 5, 6, and 7 year olds. They did a great job performing in-between the ballroom dancers, and as you can tell from the photographs, it made their elderly audience's day.
No comments:
Post a Comment