December 24, 2010

A Christmas Rose

A simple rose. It hardly seemed like enough. I went to the cemetery today to wish my son a Merry Christmas. I had imagined this year to be vastly different. As I sat last Christmas unable to eat more than apples and whole wheat bread, I thought of how much nicer this Christmas would be. But things don't always work out the way you plan them to. So here I am placing a single rose next to a simple monument. The words of my son's namesake printed on top. "Be strong and of a good courage. Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed. For the Lord thy God is with thee, withersoever thou goest." What a magnificent Christmas this must be for Joshua. To celebrate Christmas with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh Diana .... this is beautiful and thank you for sharing your thoughts. God Bless you and your family. We are thinking of you.

Carrie Jensen said...

Merry Christmas Joshua! Love you Di!

Margie said...

Wow- that was SO beautifully said...thank you for this post! I can barely type through all the tears ;) I hope you all had a nice Christmas. By the way, those treats you brought over were AMAZING! THANK YOU so much for those :)