December 7, 2010

Catalina Jazz Festival

I have said this before, but Rebecca and her school jazz band always impresses me. You would really be surprised that she has only had a year and a half of piano lessons. She practices every day and has come a LOOOOOOOONG way. At the beginning of the year I was really nervous that she wouldn't want to stick with it, but here we are. She has asked for a keyboard for Christmas, (even though we already have a piano) and she is now planning to be a musician when she grows up.

Here are some pictures from her 1st ever jazz festival. They played two different song and received excellent reviews. Just a note, one third of the band members are 5th graders (like Rebecca). There are only 18 kids total, so what they can do is pretty impressive.

Ohh, and a funny side note. This was the first time Rebecca has ever played on a grand piano. I asked her what she thought and her comment to me was. "It's weird. I like Mark's keyboard better." Go figure, Right.

No comments: