March 29, 2010

Victory is Sweet!!

Friday night was the culmination of 3 months of hard work on the basketball court. The league Jake played in has what they call a Jamboree at the end of the season. For kids 5-7 it is the first time a Ref. actually keeps score and teams are eliminated from the tournament when they loose.

Our first game Friday night was against a team we had played a few times before, and the boys won by 3-4 baskets. We then had a break and the two other teams (in my opinion best teams) played each other.

The winner of that game we had played just last week and they killed us. The coach and I were joking about whether or not we even needed to play the game, but the boys were energized and ready to go.

Call it circumstances, but between the other team having two games back to back, or maybe they were missing a key player, but WE WON!!!! Jake was super excited. He kept telling me, "I knew we were going to win, I just knew it." He was right. We celebrated with McDonald's hot fudge sundaes and then came home to go to bed. I like basketball, but 4:30pm-8pm is a long day of basketball, and by the time we arrived home everyone was beat. What a great way to end the season. Maybe we will even try this again next year.


Run Boys!


I have a question????


I'm trying to figure out what they were looking at on the floor. Whatever it was it must have been cool.


And it's in!


One happy team, and enthusiastic coach. What a way to end.

No comments: