March 7, 2010

Basketball and Planting


This week Jake had a Historic Moment.


He made his first basket in a basketball game. (Like the eyes closed while he's trying to shoot, could be part of the problem)


This is the first year that Jake has played real basketball. (ie: not just running down the court holding the ball and shooting into a fisher price basket) There are 6 kids on the team and so each player gets a chance to play quite a bit. The sport has been a strech for him. Jake was really starting to get soccer, but basketball and moving a gangly body across a rather large court while dribbling presents a completely different challenge. Needless to say, we are proud of him and his excitement for trying new things.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE WONDERING. . . . . .


I finally have a garden. Yaaaaaaa!


Okay, maybe you aren't as excited as I am, but when you live in the desert and only look at rocks and cactus and desert friendly plants, it is nice to see some color and a little green.


From what I've been told, you can plant anything out here and it will grow. (You just have to be willing to do a little work) I guess we will see what happens.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

You and your green thumb! You can even make desert-living lovely! We miss you all, and are tickled that we can comment on your blog again. Take care, and give hugs all around.