April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Friday night we had the unique opportunity of attending the Mesa Temple Easter Pageant. I had been warned in advance to arrive early, so we left for Mesa around 2pm and were at the temple by 4pm. The show wasn't scheduled to start until 8pm. I sat reserving our seats, and Chad took the kids to get dinner, but quickly returned for fear that the parking lot would be full.

Within the next hour and a half, the field we were seated in was, full and people were having to park several blocks away. (This is still 2-2 and a half hours before showtime) In the end we were grateful to have arrived early because the show was spectacular. Jake's favorite part was the Savior rising up into heaven at the end of the show. All of the kids felt the two hour drive and 4 hour wait was worth it.

On Saturday we decided to have an Easter Egg hunt and decorate eggs in between sessions of conference.


We invited the Hubers and the Bennions over to join us.


We let the kids go out one at a time to look for eggs. The older kids had to count to 10 before the next one could go outside. The grass was wet, so Matt had a slow start.


The bigger kids didn't seem to mind.




Happy kids, lots of sugar. Not to bad.



After the egg hunt our neighbor Xavier came over and helped decorate eggs.



Making a mess, or decorating eggs. . . I guess it's all part of the process.



Sunday morning Joe woke up sick. I don't know if it was a combination of late nights and lots of sugar, or just a bug that's going around either way he wasn't feeling to good. He thought he felt good enough to come down and check out his basket, but after one bite of chocolate, his stomach said NOPE and Joe ended up back upstairs.

As for the rest of the kids, they were waking Chad and I up at 6:03am to go downstairs and find their eggs and baskets. (We forgot to set a time in advance for them to wake us up.) The kids enjoyed their loot and for breakfast we enjoyed Eggs (of course) and coffee cake. I was to lazy last night to make cinnamon rolls.


Here they come!!!!


No Joe, don't do it. (Okay hindsight is 20/20) He just looks so happy thinking about taking a bite of chocolate bunny.



So far, conference has been great, the kids have enjoyed themselves (minus Joe) and I am looking forward to dinner. Happy Easter everyone.




1 comment:

Heather B said...

Too cute! Sorry poor Joe wasn't feeling up to the festivities, but I hope he's feeling better now. Take care, give all those kids a hug from us, and check out the haircut on our blog--you don't want to miss it!! We miss you guys.