The first year that we lived on an Air Force Base in Clovis, the base had two Air Shows. When the base became Special Opps Headquarters, the Air shows ended and security measures were taken to help keep the base out of the media. So it's been awhile since we've attended an Air Show. The show here in Tuscon did not disappoint.
Unlike shows in Clovis, New Mexico (population 30,000) the Air Show here in Tucson lasted two days and brought out over 300,000 people. It was crazy. Considering the number of static displays the crowd wasn't a big deal, but parking and walking to and from the car was quite a hike. (At least a mile to a mile and a half) We had the joyous experience of going through the hiking process two times because Jake had a basketball game and we had to come back to see the Thunderbirds.
All in all, we had a fun day. Even the walking and waiting till 4pm to eat lunch was overlooked by the coolness of the overall experience. Okay, so we were a bit hungry, but what do you do when every ATM is out of cash and Dad didn't want to stop for food before we went back. Live and learn right.
Buckle Up
These planes are huge, just look at the tires.
Thunderbirds!!!!
Seriously how cool is this. I wonder how many buttons I can push without anyone noticing.
Look at them go.
Sara our future skydiver
Rebecca looks way to comfortable behind a semi-automatic weapon. Should I be nervous?
4 comments:
How fun! And Rebecca does look way too comfortable...look at that concentration!
I remember going to those air shows! Too fun, but I also remember the crowds, and the parking, and the heat, and the tired kids... I'm glad you got a chance to see everything, and that you all had a great time. Take care, and enjoy your spring. Love you.
That's exactly what I meant when I told you one time that the Clovis show was NOTHING compared to a "real" air force base. I miss those!
Glad it was such a great time!
What a cool air show! The kids look like they had a great time. How come there are no pictures of you and your cute pregnant belly?? :)
Post a Comment