January 14, 2009

This is definitely the Last One (But we had to do it for Karen)

Now that Chad is out exploring the world and interviewing for different programs, we have continued to get interview requests.  I really can't believe the response we have received after Chad decided to apply (Late) to internal medicine programs.  We turned down a few programs this week simply because we couldn't afford to travel to any more.  Then today we got one that we couldn't resist.  

The University of Arizona in Tuscan offered Chad an interview the day after he interviews in Scottsdale at the Mayo clinic.  I called Southwest and we were able to switch his flight without incurring a penalty (Yaaaa) and Karen has volunteered to drive Chad around.  She has been hoping we would get an interview there for months now.   So Karen, this one's for you.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEES! Go for Arizona!!! Man, it's gorgeous out there. Yes, hot.....but just gorgeous with lots to do. Any idea of how soon Chad will find out anything after all the interviews?

Prior Family said...

We won't know until mid March if we do the match. Chad has already had at least one program offer him a spot if he decided to withdraw from the match. So, we will see. I think we are going to just go through the match in March and see what happens.

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I'm glad to hear about all the interviews. Good luck with the whole process!

Holly said...

Congrats! How exciting!