January 27, 2009

A Star Wars Birthday Party


















After watching his sister get a crazy Harry Potter Party, Jake decided that he wanted a Star Wars Party for his 5th Birthday. (Complete with bouncy castle and General Grievous Cake)
To begin our Star Wars adventure Yoda gave the young Jedis a mission. Rebecca helped C3P0 give them instructions and the search for clues inside moon rocks began. Anakin taught them how to sense the force and R2 led them closer to their goal (after they found the glow sticks hidden in the sand). Unfortunately the dark force was close by and the young Jedis had to destroy Master Duku's Death Star in order to complete their mission. Fortunately they were able to destroy the Star and leave with candy in the end.

After all the Jedi fun, we had Cake and ice cream and the kids were able to bounce on the bouncy castle.

Thanks to some uncharacteristically warm weather, everything was outside and I didn't have to try and control 13 Five and Six year olds in our home. All said and done, Jake loved his party and we had a lot of fun as well.

5 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

Sounds like fun! You come up with some great party activities! I'm sure that will be some of your kids favorite memories!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jake! What a great mom you have to do such fun parties!

Anonymous said...

Okay that's it. Quit dance and go into party planning. I'm serious! You could make a fortune doing this sort of stuff!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

What a great idea! You always have been very creative. I'm trying to decide what to do for Jasmine's 8th birthday. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

I was searching for star wars party ideas for my son's 6 year birthday party! What great ideas you had for your son!! I loved it!