January 21, 2009

Potty Training Blues















Dadadadum. . . You need to go potty 
Dadadadum. . . "No" he shouts in my face
Dadadadum. . . And then I look over
and there's pee all over the place.

I've got the blues. . .  
the potty training blues. . . 
he's way past his twos. . (he's 3 and 3 months)
and I've got the blues. 

Dadadadum. . . I really hate poop
Dadadadum. . . I think it's just nasty
Dadadadum. . . If I have to clean any more underwear 
I'm going to leave for Canastee (Is that a word)

Cuz I've got the blues. . . 
the potty training blues. . . 
he's way past his twos. . (he's 3 and 3 months)
and I've got the blues.  

So, some of us just have these cute little people with their own agendas.  How do you get mad at this cute little face.  I guess I will just have to sing the blues and get over it.  

7 comments:

Elena said...

I thought I was finished with potty training - and then Avery came. I'll be thinking about you. Not fun, but necessary.

Elena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Can I sing a round of the blues with you? Potty training is so far my LEAST favorite aspect of parenting.

I have 2 out of 3 trained. Avery the untrained does not care if she pees her pants, just asks for a change. She'll sit for a whole Thomas video and not go, then crap her pants two minutes after getting off.

And if I have one more person tell me "twins must be soooo easy to train -- one just helps the other!" I am going to scream. I just want to deck some fo these people with singletons that think everything is "just easier" with twins.

Jessica said...

And Haven, my trained twin, stays drier at night than my 9-year-old. How crazy is that?

Anonymous said...

Oh boy....I really can't even stand to think about the trouble I had with Evan potty training. Oh...and I definitely got mad at his cute face, because I'm mean like that. Just put him back in a diaper, and let him wait another couple months to see if he's more ready. Much easier than cleaning poop and pee all the time.

Steve and Rebecca said...

Hang in there...Ryan showed NO interest until he was about 3 years and 9 months and then he was trained in less than a week, pee and poo. Every kid is different.

Anonymous said...

Easier with twins?! WHAT???? Oh man, my sanity would end trying to potty train TWINS! People are morons. I bow down to you, Jessica!