October 29, 2008

Election 2009 (Can you believe it?)

 I just wanted to throw in one last reminder to make sure all of you reading this blog go out and vote.  We had some problems this year being in the military in NM and registered to vote in Texas, but we have been able to work things out.  It's often easier to register then you might think.  When Chad and I moved to San Antonio four years ago and were late getting in our registration, we were still able to vote for a president.  

I was watching some of the speeches made by both parties yesterday and felt compelled for the first time to choose a candidate.  Until yesterday I was ready to give up on voting this year or pencil in Mickey Mouse, but in the hopes of choosing a candidate who might actually make some positive adjustments to our government and economy I am going to vote.  

I hope that you all take advantage of this unique opportunity that is ours to choose a president.  Happy Voting.  

2 comments:

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

....ummm don't you mean election 2008?! i am starting to get sick of all the election stuff too. plus we are just bombarded with all the prop 8 stuff...we have been WAY too involved this election year!

Heather B said...

Thanks for the reminder. I am so excited that I get to take Spencer to vote this year! He's a first-timer, and we're both looking forward to making our little voices heard. We do what we can, right?