Here is the web site:http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897
October 19, 2008
Tire Info.
A friend of mine emailed a 20/20 report on the tire industry to me. I thought it was important, so I am posting it on my blog. If you can't watch the whole thing, know that tires more then six years old have the potential to fall apart while driving. These tires are often sold as new by retailers. If you check the code on your tire and it reads 239 it means the tire was made in the 23rd week of 1999. If it says 3004 then it was made in the 30th week of 2004. Check out your tires and see just how new they really are. You may have to get under the car to view the number because until recently they were printed on the inside of the tire so they wouldn't be seen. I bought my tires from Walmart last year and was pleased to find that all of them were dated between 1307 and 1707. I was sold new tires, but check yours out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment